Telephone: 01628 620013 Email: email@example.com www.wiseowlschildcare.co.uk
For the purposes of this document Wise Owls Day Nursery shall hereinafter be called ‘The Nursery’ and those wishing to use the services of Wise Owl’s Day Nursery, shall hereinafter be called ‘The Client’.
The Nursery will only undertake business on these following Terms and Conditions, each of which shall be incorporated or implied in any agreements between The Nursery and The Client. No variations of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless expressly confirmed by The Nursery in writing and signed by the Director of The Nursery. The Client is bound by these Terms and Conditions once it commences using the services of The Nursery. The Nursery reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions and the latest version is available on The Nursery’s Website. The Client shall be bound by these Terms and Conditions once having completed the online registration. You will be informed via email if these are up dated and it is your responsibility to view them.
1. The Nursery acts as a registered childcare facility for children between the hours of 07.45- 18.15, from Monday to Friday, during 51 weeks of the year. We are closed on bank holidays and the period between Christmas and New year.
2. The Client pays a registration fee and deposit for each child upon Registration. Nursery fees are paid in full for one month in advance of care. The Nursery must receive payment on 1st of each month. The Client is to send payment via BACS with the child’s first name initial, surname name and DNM as a reference e.g.: John Smith is JSmithDNM. If paying by voucher and BACS The Client should ensure they input this detail during the booking process. Any changes please ensure you email our accounts department (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm the payment arrangements, method, time and voucher company. If The Client pays by cheque, the child’s reference should be shown clearly on the reverse of the cheque. The amount paid must match the amount on the invoice unless otherwise discussed with the office and agreed in writing. There is a £5 charge for payment by cheque, due to the admin involved.
3. The Nursery accepts payment via all childcare vouchers and Tax free childcare scheme. During your booking process we require dates payment will reach us within the month. We will require the reference as above to be correct to link your payment correctly and we will need to know which voucher or tax free childcare scheme you are using. The client will also agree during the booking process to set up a standing order so all payments are received in full for your childcare each month this is required for the 1st of each month with the child’s reference.
4. If fees are not paid on time (before the first week of month), a £5.00 charge per week will be added to the next invoice. If The Client has difficulty paying on time The Client must contact The Nursery. Failure to do this could result into a ‘money claim online’ in order to retrieve the payment due and/or the child not being accepted at The Nursery, and no prior notice will be given.
5. When The Client makes a booking for The Nursery, the child must attend at least 2 days every week or a minimum of 3 mornings or afternoons on different days. The Client must give The Nursery one (1) months’ notice in writing of the child either being withdrawn from The Nursery completely or to cancel a booked session which will be acknowledged by The Nursery. If The Client fails to receive such acknowledgement, The Client must contact the office. If sent by e-mail, the address is email@example.com. Without this procedure being followed, The Client will be charged for the booked session (s).
6. Fees are payable for the entire month.
7. Bookings are charged for full periods, including bank holidays if they fall in the week. We do exclude the week over the Christmas break from our charges. The fees are calculated by the daily rate x 51 weeks / 12 months. If you start during a part month the days will be added up over that month for the daily rate.
8. If the Nursery closes due to circumstances outside the Nursery’s control (For example bad weather, diseases, health and safety issues, an Act of God etc), The Nursery may not be able to operate and will contact The Client by e-mail in the first instance. Under no circumstances will the Nursery operate if by doing so, the health and safety of children or staff within the care of The Nursery are at risk. No refund of the fee will be due under these circumstances.
9. The Nursery endeavours to maintain the highest standards of health and safety at all times. We have vigorous checks in place however the nursery cannot be held liable for unforeseen accidents which are out of our control. We accept no responsibility for children whilst in the care of their parents whilst on Nursery premises i.e. prior to arrival on after pick up.
10. The Client must collect the child by the end of the booked session but should The Client be unable to do so in unforeseen circumstances, The Nursery must be notified of the revised collection time. There is then an additional late fee charge of £5.00 per 15 minutes per child. Staff must be kept advised as to The Client’s expected arrival time. These terms have been devised in recognition of the fact that The Nursery’s staff have other commitments after their working day.
11. It is The Client’s responsibility to ensure the child has all their belongings. The Nursery cannot be responsible to loss or damage to items brought to the Nursery from home. Lost property will be taken to charity shops one (1) week later. You must remove all belongings each day from the nursery with the exception of welly boots and sun creams.
12. It is The Client’s responsibility to collect any letters/communications from The Nursery and to read any posters displayed about changes or information.
13. The Nursery fees are reviewed yearly in July to be implemented in September. The Nursery undertakes to advise The Client of revised fees a minimum of one month in advance.
14. It is The Nursery’s practice to use photographs of children attending The Nursery for advertising, displays and website and other promotional purposes, and their name(s) may accompany any such images used. The Client should indicate appropriately on the Registration Form if permission for their child to appear in such images is withheld. The images will remain after the child has left the nursery.
15. We will provide a breakfast, morning snack, lunch and tea for your child during the nursery day unless otherwise arranged.
16. On registration your booking with the Nursery you are required to pay a registration fee of £50.00 which is non-refundable. You will also be required to pay a deposit of £100 which will be refunded when you give notice to leave the Nursery.
17. The Client is required to update changes to the contact details online immediately in order to protect the safety of the child. Failure to do this could result in The Nursery not being able to contact The Client in an emergency, Social Services may be contacted in these circumstances.
18. The Nursery will contact the Client by the e-mail address recorded on the Registration Form for the main carer and it is therefore vital that this information is correct at all times and that email communications from The Nursery is read without delay.
19. If The Client wishes to book an extra day/ session for the child to attend The Nursery as well as the days already booked this will only be available if there are spaces on the day requested. The Client may not exchange sessions/ day and once booked, no refund will be given for non- attendance. For any extra days/ sessions booked, The Client must pay in advance via BACS. The Nursery requires two (2) days’ notice to cancel the booked of extra day and a £5 admin fee will be payable. Your extra sessions will be visible on your invoice however the payments made in advance will be allocated towards this invoice. Please ensure the reference is visible on all payments.
20. If The Client’s child is unable to attend a session due to illness or other activities, The Nursery should be notified by phone or email. You must ensure to follow our policy and exclusion policy with regard to infectious diseases and sickness.
21. The Nursery reserves the right to withdraw its services if The Client’s child is disruptive and/or aggressive in such a manner as to pose a safety risk to the other children at The Nursery. A verbal warning will be given to the Client and if matters do not improve, The Nursery will demand the immediate removal of the child. The deposit will not be refunded.
22. Equally if a parent is aggressive or rude to our staff at The Nursery or a child within our care, this behaviour will not be tolerated and The Nursery reserves the right to withdraw its service. No refund of care of deposits will be received.
23. The Nursery operates on the following staff to child ratios: 1:3 for under 2 year olds, 1:4 for 2 year olds, 1:8 for 3-5 year olds, our level 6 staff operate at 1:13. Should the Client’s child require a 1:1 ratio, the child may attend the Nursery in the normal way accompanied by his/her carer (which may be arranged through the resources of the Local Authority).
24. Start dates must be kept if you wish to change your child’s start date at the nursery we will require 1 months’ notice in advance to do this. It is then up to the nursery discretion if we are able to keep the child’s place or issue it to another child.
25. For business and financial sustainability, we set a quota at management discretion, on the number of 30 hours a week extended entitlement and 15 hours universal entitlement we allocate, so we reach capacity and also meet the needs of our children.
26. The Client may have preferences for the sessions/ days their child attends, however, it is not always possible to allocate places on this basis. If the days offered are not satisfactory, then The Client may request to be added to the waiting list.
27. Clients are not able to employ any staff member of Wise Owls Day Nursery Maidenhead unless they have left our employment a minimum of 3 month prior. If you do so a fee of £3’500 will be payable which is the cost to employ and train a new member of our team.
Version March 2020